Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

All a Flutter Challenge

It's another good beautiful morning, and for the 4th day in a row I actually had to wake my kids up for school!  Very unusual in my household!  I'm sure once the weekend gets here they will be back on schedule and waking up early again!

I've decided to participate in Getting Cricky with K Andrew Designs All a Flutter! Challenge and I had an absolute blast!  The challenge was to create any project with a butterfly or any other winged thing theme.  Of course I jumped all over using butterflies!  I have 3 boys so being able to make pretty purple girly themed cards is a special treat!  Here is what I came up with.


Although using a stamp was not required I felt the need to play along there too!  The stamp is from Inkadinkado, Beauty Stems from Here.  I just colored it in with some Prismacolor Pencils.  The butterfly was cut at 2 inches from Create a Critter.  I just glued the body of the top layer to the shadow layer, pop dotted the shadow and folded the wings of the top layer.  I inked the edges of both sheets of background paper and added doodling.  I really struggled with not adding a sentiment but I didn't want to over do it, not to mention I kind of ran out of room!  So I'll just call it an all purpose card!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica now this is what I call--lovely in lavendar! I love this card--it's beautiful. I love the grey and lavendar together, and how you made the butterflies appear to be "flying" in 3 d form. GREAT touch girl!
    I'm now following your awesome blog!
    I am now following your sweet blog!
    Thank you soooo much for playing along in my Simply Sunday Challenge!

    Big Cricky Hugs,
    K Andrew

    ReplyDelete