Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

First Communion Card

I cannot believe my 8 year old is making his first communion this weekend!  I love making cards for him because he really truly appreciates them.  He has saved every last card I've ever made him!  He loves to scrapbook with me and create just about anything.  I really like how this card turned out.  It's so simple...and I think it's totally gorgeous!

I just tied a piece of ribbon into a cross and added some adhesive pearls (from OTC).  The cross was a bit tricky as I had to play with it a bit to get it to look right.  I plan to make a couple more for 2 more kids also making their communion (girls so I can spice it up a bit!)
I'd like to enter it in the following challenges:
Get Inspired with ChatterScene Just Elements Challenge #3

2 comments:

  1. I super, super duper love how you used this ribbon to look like a cross!!! Fab and so original.
    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  2. accidentally ran across your blog and am I ever glad. I LOVE the ribbon cross...thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete