I had so much fun making this! I used THIS tutorial called 'Hey Cupcake' from Fabulously Artsy and just did my own thing in places. The tutorial is wonderful but I did make some changes. Below is a general run down of what I did!
1. Cut out 6" circle on chipboard. Then trace a 2" circle. Cut the edges just up to the inside circle and fold up to make a cupcake. Hot glue it together.
2. Accordion pleat paper to cover outside of cupcake.
3. Cut a 3" Styrofoam ball in half, position gift card inside, use foam dots along sides to hold it together. Then glue it inside the cupcake.
4. Glue ribbon and paper flowers (I used Forever young cart) to cupcake to decorate making sure you don't cover the opening.
5. Paint wooden bead red, and glue it to the top of a small binder clip. Use crumbled paper or ribbon to make 'whipped cream'.
6. Insert gift card into binder clip, slide it into the cupcake and finish with glitter and stickles!
I think it turned out pretty cute for my first go! I can see myself making a whole lot more of these! I think they are adorable!
Be sure to submit your dessert project HERE at Die Cuttin Divas for a chance to win our weekly prize!!!