Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Lemon Scrub Cheer Me Up

Today's project was inspired by a mom/friend in my local mother's group who recently found out she has breast cancer.  I have been a mix of emotions.  She is in her early 30's.  I can't imagine what she is going through as I sit here unable to absorb it myself.  Our mother's group is fantastic, supportive, dependable, inspirational.  This woman is having surgery on Monday.  I wanted to make her a little something, a goody bag of sorts to at least let her know I'm thinking and praying for her.  Along with baked goods and freezer meals I came up with this little gift.


My sister made each of us this sugar scrub for Christmas and I absolutely loved it.  I made it for all of the kids teachers for Valentine's Day.  I cannot say enough good things about this recipe!  I found it HERE.  And I could not believe how well the Peachy Keen Skunk Cheer Up Set went with the 'theme' of the gift!

I made the tag by just cutting a piece of chipboard and rounding the edges with the Creative Memories Oval cutting system.  Then I matted it with paper from Heidi Grace Designs.   The skunk, sentiment and flowers are all from Peachy Keen's Skunk Cheer Up Set.  I stamped the skunk on printed paper and colored parts of it with Copic markers.  I used the Recollections border punch and used a pearl pen by Viva Decor to accent it a bit.
I tied the spoon to the jar using ribbon from The Ribbon Boutique.  I know this gift won't fix the given situation but hopefully she knows we are all here for her and praying for the best possible outcome.

I'd like to enter my project in the following challenges.
Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge #44 - Spring with ribbon theme
Peachy Challenge 09 - Color Inspiration

10 comments:

  1. What a thoughtful and beautiful gift. I love the tag. You did an awesomce job!

    -Theresa
    http://ahappyscrappylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a great 'thinking of you' gift. Love the sentiment and skunk. Glad to here she has some great support... that can help for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your creations are wonderful!! I've enjoyed following since I found your blog and I have an award for you on my blog if you are interested...
    http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com/2012/03/blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. so wonderful!!!! I recently found out a friend has breast cancer also! What a beautiful tag! Following ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable is that little skunk!!
    Great Project!!
    Thanks for Playing with us @ PKS!!
    TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful cheer up gift! So sorry to hear about your friend, and praying she'll be well very soon! Thanks so much for joining us for the Peachy Keen Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet card!! Thanks for joining us for the PKS Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful gift idea! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable! Thanks for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

    ReplyDelete