Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Die Cuttin Divas Challenge

It's time again for another challenge over at Die Cuttin Divas! This week's theme is 'Planes, Trains and Automobiles'! I have been wanting to make this particular card for a while now and just this past week was given a reason to. Here is what I created:

A good friend of mine just found out about some scary healthy concerns. I made this card for her and I will include it in a neat little care package :)

All of the cuts are from Just Because Cards. I used some Bakers Twine and a couple of buttons to add some dimension. I also loaded Glossy Accents to the sentiment. It's pretty simple but I'm very happy with how it turned out. I really went back and forth with this one. Making 'get well' cards and 'everything will be alright' cards are tough for me. I didn't want it to be 'funny', but I did want to try to put a smile on her face. I'm sure the wine inside the care package will help with that too :)

We'd love to see your Planes, Trains and Automobile project over at Die Cuttin Divas this week! Go HERE to enter your project!

8 comments:

  1. Hey Jessica,

    This is such a cute card.... I really love everything about your pick up :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card to send to someone to brighten their day! Great Job!
    :O)
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need this Cricut cartridge! I love your card, especially the cuts, and colors you used. -Yvette
    cre8tivegirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jessica! I really love your card. The truck is pretty cool. I like how you added the twine. I love twine.

    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is awesome. I keep seeing projects done with this cart. I think I may have to check it out a bit closer. I just posted my first project for this challenge. I stumbled on this challenge blog by accident and so glad I did.
    I am a new follower~I hope you stop by my blog and follow me to. Look forward to seeing more projects from you. TFS!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card. Your comment was so funny about being behind the times- I've been doing that for about 10 years or more. The images are just so much better now. I will try to remember to let you know when I see a good deal out there.

    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is so adorable! I love all the little touches you added...the glossy accents, the stitching and the twine! What a sweet, thoughtful card for a friend...it will definitely pick her up :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete