Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Fun layout

Recently I found Sassy Lil' Sketches, a great challenge site for layout and card sketches! I decided to combine their May 21st Sketch Challenge with the More Than Favors Wacky Wednesday #39 Color Challenge - to use the colors brown, teal, pink and cream.

I had been trying to knock out these layouts and while looking through my paper stash I came across this beautiful sheet that I just couldn't pass up. and combining it with the other required colors...oh my gosh it was so fun to work with! So this layout is way back from an Easter trip to Georgia we took with my family. There isn't too much to do in Georgia but we took advantage of the beautiful weather and spent the day at a local park! The boys of course couldn't resist finding worms. BOYS!

Below is the layout sketch from Sassy Lil' Sketches


I decided to turn the sketch.....and here is what I came up with.


It's really a simple little layout...and cricut-less! I love being able to use the object on the paper and just working around that. and I really like that although it has a fair amount of pink involved it still screams all boy!

The Girls' Paperie (paper girl) - sentiment frame and flower die cuts
Phrase Cafe - 100% Boy sticker
ek success Victorian Photo Corner
Recollections border punch
Studio G ink - inked edges of cream paper

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty sketch!!!I think this might be the way to go for scrapbooking....Which I have never ventured to do :o( TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete